Kibworth Harcourt Windmill Restoration
Kibworth Harcourt Windmill Restoration latest. It is now six months since work started to repair the Windmill.
Most of the heavy work at the base has been completed. The main structure (the buck) had to be raised on a specially built metal structure in order to release the pressure at the base.
Now this work has been completed, the buck has been lowered to its original position. The new steps have been placed in position.
The new roof has been fitted. Work has started on the external weather boarding. With scaffolding in place, a dendrochronological survey has been carried out. This is to establish the age of parts of the structure that are not normally accessible. We still await results from the laboratory. The next stage is to renovate the interior mechanisms of the mill.
For more information on the Windmill & renovation also see the following:
- Kibworth Harcourt Windmill Restoration, 22nd January 2022
- SAPB Kibworth Harcourt Mill Project
- Kibworth Harcourt Windmill to be Restored to Former Glory, 7th June 2020
- Archaeological Report download
- Kibworth Harcourt Windmill, Kibworth Village website
- The writing may be on the wall (historic grafitti)