Kibworth Harcourt Windmill Restoration
Work has resumed after a fortnight’s break over Christmas and the New Year.
Most of the heaviest work has been completed. The new roof will be finished this month so that new weatherboards can be fitted.
Internally, the next job will be to lower the main structure (the buck) back to its original position. Preparation for this is slow and meticulous even though it will only be lowered by 150mm.
Sails and Steps
As previously mentioned, new sails and steps have been made in the Millwright’s Workshop in Bristol.
This photograph shows the steps and parts of the sails that have already arrived on site ready for use.
Please also see:
- Kibworth Windmill Update, December 2021
- SAPB Kibworth Harcourt Mill Project
- Kibworth Harcourt Windmill, Kibworth Village website
- Windmill Update, November 2021
- Kibworth Harcourt Post Mill, May 2021