Fleckney & Kibworth Running Club
Leicestershire Round Relay
Around 20 members of the Club took part in a Leicestershire Round Relay. They tackled 102 miles of footpaths and over 6,000 feet of ascent around the County.
Starting on the Saturday at 5am from Foxton, a group of four set out with head torches in use, and the green and yellow baton in hand. A number of individuals, pairs and small groups kept the baton going continuously over a wide variety of terrain. This included fields, canal towpaths and bridleways. The baton returned to Foxton around 1am on the Sunday morning.
Congratulations to all involved, either running, or assisting with transport between handover points and offering support along the route.
A special mention goes to Sam Pole who came up with the idea earlier in the year and coordinated the timetable. Even managing to recruit late additions to the squad when the whole event was under threat at one point due to injuries.
Roll of Honour
- Leg 1 – (8 miles) Foxton to Bruntingthorpe – Tracey, Steve, Emily and Jenny
- Leg 2 – (9 miles) Bruntingthorpe to Frolesworth – Annie, Emma and Ben
- Leg 3 – (11.5 miles) Frolesworth to Barwell – Andy K and Alan
- Leg 4 – (11 miles) Barwell to Shackerstone – Bernie and Lorna
- Leg 5 – (11.5 miles) Shackerstone to Newtown Linford – Chris and Jim
- Leg 6 – (8 miles) Newtown Linford to Mountsorrel – Andy F
- Leg 7 – (11 miles) Mountsorrel to Frisby-on-the-Wreake – Kirit
- Leg 8 – (10 miles) Frisby-on-the-Wreake to Somerby – Tad
- Leg 9 – (12 miles) Somerby to Hallaton – Tad and Alex
- Leg 10 – (10 miles) Hallaton to Foxton – Adam
The weekend was rounded off with a family get together, BBQ and games at the Silver Band Hall on Bank Holiday Monday.
If you are interested in joining us please see our:
For more about Fleckney & Kibworth Running Club, please see: