Major investment transforms Kibworth Co-Op
The ribbon has been cut on the revamped Central England Co-op store in Kibworth. It has been transformed with a major investment to create a more modern and sustainable local community food store. Its transformation has created a contemporary store to meet the shopping needs of customers and members.
The investment in the store has seen changes including:
- Zero-waste refill stations, one offering products such as cereals, coffee, pasta, rice and dried fruit. And another liquid refill station offering products such as shampoo, conditioner and washing up liquid.
- As part of a partnership with Fieldfare there is also ‘scoop your own’ frozen ingredients including a range of items such as pastries, Yorkshire puddings, Cornish pasties and fish cakes, all part of long-term efforts to cut down on plastic packaging and waste.
- All new eco-friendly refrigeration and lighting, a recycle station and free water refills.
- New self-checkout tills and kiosk. A new food to go section with hot food. Tango Ice Blast, and Insomnia Fairtrade Coffee. An iSqueeze freshly squeezed orange juice machine and new customer toilets with baby changing facilities.
- New product ranges, including newly sourced local produce.
- Improvements externally including an improved car park with wider parking spaces and updated signage. As well as a free bicycle repair station and seating for the local community.
To mark the launch
To mark the launch and Central England Co-op’s Easter Food Bank Appeal which begins next week, Kibworth Store Manager Sunni Stewart invited The Well Kibworth to be part of the celebrations to highlight their work and make a special donation of vital food and essentials.
She said: “We are all so thrilled that this store has been chosen for such a significant transformation.
We welcome The Well at Kibworth down to the relaunch as we’re proud to support their fantastic work and to highlight our collection point in store where people can donate. It was also a pleasure to donate some of their most needed items right now ahead of our Easter Food Bank Appeal starting.
Thank you to Kibworth community for their patience while the work took place. I hope now they’ve seen the result they will agree with us it has been worth it.”Sunni Stewart, Kibworth Co-Op Store Manager
The High Street Store is open 8am – 9pm, Monday – Saturday, 10am – 4pm Sunday.
The store offers a wide range of products including fresh fruit and vegetables. As well as an in-store bakery offering breads and pastries, chilled beers and wines and Irresistible and Fairtrade product ranges.
There is also Lottery, Paypoint, Collect Plus and foreign currency and a free cash machine. As well as a lifesaving defibrillator for the local community.