What are the benefits of Acupuncture?
- The focus is on you as an individual. You are more than your illness and all symptoms are seen in relation to each other.
- As the condition being treated improves, you may also notice other health problems resolve.
- The aim is to direct the flow of energy within your body to trigger a healing response. This restores physical, emotional and mental well-being.
- It is exciting that acupuncture can help restore physical symptoms. For example headaches or eczema or arthritis as well as the depression or ability to cope with stress. Hence a highly effective way of treating many illnesses that we often experience all at the same time!
Does it work?
- Due to a very long history dating back thousands of years there is a wealth of medical knowledge that has been passed down from the masters to the apprentice over centuries.
- In line with modern medicine there is also evidence-based clinical research that reveals how the body responds to acupuncture for a wide range of common conditions. You can find out more about the latest evidence & fact sheets by visiting the website at acupuncture.org.uk
What is acupuncture?
- Illness is viewed as an imbalance. When we are out of balance it is likely to place stress on one or more organs within the body.
- Treatment is directed to correct this imbalance and help restore good health
by using very delicate fine needles that are inserted just below the skin into specific points on the body.
- The action of the needle adjusts the flow of the energy (Qi) that is flowing through our pathways (also known as Meridians). It is like a central heating system. The heart is the pump, the different organs of the body are the radiators and the energy pathways are the pipes. Even the very best heating system occasionally gets a block that needs flushing out!
Who is acupuncture for?
- Suitable for all ages; including babies, children and the elderly
- Fertility treatment and support throughout pregnancy
- Trauma, or mental & emotional difficulties
- Others choose it for preventative measures
- It can be very effective integrated with conventional medicine
- For specific aches and pains such as osteoarthritis of the knee or headaches or back ache or an overactive bladder. And so much more!
Is acupuncture safe?
- One of the safest medical treatments both conventional and complementary on offer in the UK today
- There are very few side effects when practised by a fully-qualified practitioner of traditional acupuncture.
Winter could be viewed as the alpha and the omega of all the seasons. It brings the year to an end and the beginning of a new start in the next year. It is a time of year to build up our reserves of energy to get us through the cold. So, snuggle up to keep warm and enjoy the festive rich food. Take time to think about your health needs for the New Year.
Your local British Acupuncture Council registered member will be happy to give you more information. Are you interested? If you would like more information and an informal chat with Kerry, call 07715 458 064